6:00 PM Moonlight Serenade - DHS
6:00 PM Moonlight Serenade - DHS
7:00 PM Senior Project - WXHS
7:00 PM Three Muskateers - LHS
District announces new
administrators for 2018-19
There will be a few new faces at the helms of some of Davis School District’s schools in the 2018-19 school year.
Superintendent Reid Newey announced the appointments of new principals during the Board of Education Meeting on Tuesday. Six new elementary school principals and two new junior high principals were identified.
The new school principals and the school they will oversee are as follows:
• Susan Andrews, Kay’s Creek Elementary. Andrews is currently an administrative intern at South Weber Elementary. She replaces Julie Larsen, who was recently named the director of Special Education.
• Lisa Larkin, Holt Elementary. Larkin is currently serving as the interim principal at Holt Elementary.
• Hilaree Lowry, Burton Elementary. Lowry is currently the administrative intern at King Elementary. She replaces Denece Johnson, who is retiring.
• Mike Page, Oak Hills Elementary. Page currently serves as the administrative intern at Woods Cross and Hill Field elementary schools. He replaces Ruthanne Keller, who is moving to Heritage Elementary.
• Jodi Rees, Sunset Elementary. Rees is the administrative intern at Vae View Elementary. She replaces Laura Bond who is retiring.
• Scott Richardson, Muir Elementary. Richardson currently serves as an administrative intern at Muir and Bountiful Elementary schools. He replaces Marilyn Merkley, who is moving to serve as principal at Syracuse Elementary.
• Lori Hawthorne, Central Davis Junior High. Hawthorne is the current principal of Crestview Elementary. She replaces TJ Barker who will open Junior High #17 in 2019.
• Tyler Poll, North Davis Junior High. Poll currently serves as an assistant principal at Northridge High School. He replaces Steve Poll, who has taken a principal position outside the school district.
• Travis Lund, South Davis Junior High. Lund is an assistant principal at Woods Cross High. He replaces Jeff Jorgensen who is retiring.
Local student among National Merit Scholarship winners
A Bountiful High student, Michael C. Barkdull, has been awarded the National Merit Raytheon Scholarship.
Barkdull is one of approximately 1,000 high school students nationwide to win a corporate-sponsored National Merit Scholarship award. The awards are financed by about 200 corporations, company foundations, and other business organizations. Corporate sponsors provide National Merit Scholarships for Finalists who are children of their employees, who are residents of communities the company serves, or who plan to pursue college majors or careers the sponsor wishes to encourage.
Barkdull plans to major in chemical engineering. Four other students in Utah were awarded National Merit Corporate Scholarships.
Greatness and potential fill
halls of district schools
I’d like to address this month’s superintendency message directly to the students of Davis School District. As I interact with you in my work, I see greatness and potential, and my mind is filled with hope for our future. My message to you is one of gratitude for your future acts – the things you will someday do to make our world a better place.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Wherever you may go, whatever you may do, whoever you may become – THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
— Assistant Superintendent Logan Toone