Canvas Observer Guardian Account
Observer Account Logging In
Get a Student Pairing Code
In order to create a parent observer account, you will need to have a "pairing code" from the account you wish to access. To get a pairing code, follow these steps:
- Have the student login to their Canvas account.
- The student will then click on their Profile button and click on "Settings."
- On the right side of the screen, click on the "Pair with Observer" button.
- Write down the 6 digit code.
Create a Canvas Observer Account
1. Go to the Davis District home page and click on "Quicklinks" in the upper right corner, then click on Canvas under Tools. You can also click on the link to get to the Canvas login page (https://dsd.instructure.com/login/canvas)
2. When you get to the Canvas login page, click to Access Canvas as a Parent or Professional Guest.
3. You will be taken to a login screen that looks like this:
Click on “Click Here For an Account” in the upper right corner.
In the next window add your Full name, home email address, create a password and add your student’s Pairing Code.
Click on Start Participating.
To log back into your Parent Account, enter the email address and password you used to set up your Parent Account. Then click Log In. You should now see your child’s Canvas Dashboard.
For more information on creating a Parent Account, getting a Pairing code from your student or adding other students to your account, click on the links below:
- How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a parent?https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10913-414473163
- How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student? https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15036-4212938128
- How do I link a student to my user account as an observer (adding another student)?
If you need additional help setting up an Observer Guardian Account please contact the DSD Canvas Help Desk at email@example.com.
Getting Help and Support (Contact Information)
Davis Help Line: 801-402-5256
Davis Help & Support Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis District Canvas Administrator: