Davis Moves - Employee Wellness Program
Snowshoe Fun 2020
Wellsteps Points Deadline - November 15, 2020
Reminder that if you are participating in the Wellsteps program, you need to earn a total of 25 points by November 15, 2020 for a $20/month discount on your DSD health insurance premium beginning January 2021.
- About Us
- Davis Dash & Bash
- Employee Assistance Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Heroes
- Success Stories & Accomplishments
- Tips & Tricks to Save Money
- Wellness and Gym Discounts
- Wellness Series
The Davis Moves vision is one of healthy, happy employees who can move through their days with energy and enthusiasm. We want to create an environment of well-being that promotes healthy living.
The goal of Davis Moves is to provide a means for our employees to become more aware of their own health and health risks, to improve the overall health of our employees, and reduce insurance and health care costs so that employees may live fuller, happier lives.
What is Davis Moves?
Davis Moves is the wellness program for Davis School District employees. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we value their health and well-being. By implementing a wellness component to our insurance program, we are providing a means for our employees to become more aware of their own health.
How Does it Work?
The Davis Moves Wellness Program is powered by WellSteps. WellSteps is a tool designed to help participants achieve health and wellness goals as well as track wellness points that can help insured employees earn a $20 monthly discount on their health insurance premium for the upcoming year.
- To be eligible for this discount beginning January 2021, employees must earn 25 points before November 15, 2020.
- To be eligible for the discount beginning January 2022, employees must earn 25 points before November 15, 2021.
- Required points are subject to change each year. Employees will be notified of such changes prior to January.
We know that just a few healthy behaviors can be effective in combating chronic disease risks. With the Wellsteps tools and resources provided, we hope to help participants make small lifestyle changes that can have a significant impact on physical and overall health. https://www.wellsteps.com/davismoves
What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)? Free, brief, confidential counseling that is available to insurance eligible employees, spouses, and dependent children(up to age 26) by a staff of licensed mental health professionals.
What Can I get Counseling for?
- marital conflict and parenting
- depression and anxiety
- stress (life and workplace)
- substance abuse
- grief and loss
- wellness strategies
- 24/7 Crisis Help Available
Who runs DSD's Employee Assistance Program? Davis School District has partnered with Intermountain Employee Assistance for this benefit.
How do I make an appointment? You simply call (801)442-3509 or email email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do all employees have the ability to participate in the Davis Moves Wellness Program and use the WellSteps Platform?
At this time, this program is available to INSURED employees only.
2. Who will see the results of my PHA?
Your Personal Health Assessment (PHA) are confidential. This information is for you and will never be shared.
3. Will insured employees be penalized if they don't participate?
Participation is OPTIONAL. There is no penalty for choosing not to participate. If an employee chooses not to participate, they will pay the regular monthly insurance premium.
4. How many points do I have to earn to receive the insurance premium discount?
Employees must earn 25 points total before November 15th to be eligible for the insurance premium discount.
5. How do I earn points?
Activities and Points can be found under the “Rewards” tab on the Davis Moves WellSteps home page. Some activities only earn points once per year (Physician Form, PHA, Downloading SEL App, Snowshoe Event attendance, etc.) While others allow you to earn points month after month (going to the gym, tracking steps, tracking nutrition, writing in your gratitude journal, etc.) Many activities are on the honor system. We encourage all employees to be honest in the points they earn.
6. Can my Spouse Participate in the Wellness Program with me?
On the Personal Health Assessment (PHA), employees have the option of inviting their spouse to participate with them. Spouses can earn a prize from our Wellness Incentive Store.
7. Am I required to get my Biometric Screening done if I participate in the Wellness Program?
Davis School District will no longer be hosting Biometric Screenings for employees. Instead, we are encouraging employees to make an appointment with their doctor for an annual physical exam. Physician Form can be found on the home page of this website or on the WellSteps platform under “Rewards”. PLEASE NOTE: If an employee has had their annual physical from December 2019 – present and has turned in their Physician Form to get their $60 on the old program, that will count towards the new program as well. Biometric Screenings done at the health fairs for the 2019-2020 school year are NOT valid in WellSteps.
8. Both myself and my spouse work for the district and are insurance eligible, can we both participate in the Wellness Program?
Yes! Please contact Kim Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how you can both participate.
Do you know someone who has made changes in their life to positively impact their health or others around them?
We want to recognize employees within Davis School District who demonstrate their commitment to live well through healthy lifestyle choices and actions. These individuals, HEALTH HEROES, have positively changed their lives for the better or have been able to positively influence and inspire others around them.
See a complete list of 2019 nominees Health Hero Nominees 2019
Meet our 2019 Health Heroes. Congrats to all those who made inspiring changes in their lives and the lives of others!
Words of Wellness is Davis Moves' monthly newsletter. We hope that these newsletters can provide you with insight about how to improve your overall health and wellness. Happy reading!
- After my daughter got engaged I decided that I wanted to lose some weight before her wedding. I changed my diet by eating at home more and I started walking a little. When school started this year our wellness captain had set up an entire program to get us thinking about our health. In the beginning, she asked us to work out 15 minutes a day and drink 8 glasses of water a day. She gave us charts to keep track and told us there would be prizes. She also started a walking club. We worked on doing the same distance in shorter amounts of time and it was fun since there was a group to walk with. She recently started a points program that gives points for eating healthier, drinking water, exercising and getting into good personal health habits. I have now lost enough weight that people are starting to notice and I feel great! Thanks to Davis Moves program.
Starting in October I starting walking each day at 10 and 2 with other district employees. This prompted my husband and I to do more so we started eating healthier. We cut out all soda and sugar and kept all our meals to lean meats, fish, or chicken and lots of veggies and some fruits. We started drinking at least 50 oz. of water a day. Then we started doing workouts in the evenings with weighted medicine balls and some core exercises. When we can't walk at work we do 30 minutes on the treadmill or the bike. These changes have resulted in reduced blood pressure, better glucose reading, and weight loss, together we have lost 75 lbs. The Davis Moves Wellness Program gave us the push we needed to begin the changes.
- During the month of October I committed to drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water per day. Prior to this commitment, I drank maybe 2 ounces a day, and at least 64 ounces of diet soda. The first day I spent the day running to the bathroom more, but I felt good. I had more energy. In the past I would come home from work and sleep for an hour. With the water I slept less, was able to accomplish more, and felt better. With the water I saved money, since I no longer had the desire to drink soda. My son started drinking more water with me (because I quit buying soda) and his dry skin improved. Drinking more water really helped me feel better.
- I, myself, have felt better since starting the Davis Moves Program, because I have made myself more aware of what I am eating and also what I am feeding my family. We have cut down on processed foods and eat more all natural foods including fish, chicken, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. My family has a strong history of hereditary cardiovascular disease and I hope to be the generation that it skips. My father had his first heart attack at age 54 and of his mother's family, all but 1 of 8 children have had open heart surgery. I have become more active with the activities that our department has put in place to move more where we have sedentary jobs
What membership access level is a corporate membership? CORP memberships are equivalent to PLATINUM memberships providing access to all locations and in-club amenities; CORP memberships do not include additional services like guest privileges or hydro massage.
The promo code is embedded in the URL; you will NOT have to enter the promo code! You'll be taken immediately to page 3 of 4 to enroll for your membership.
Please see the attached flyer, FAQs, and enrollment details:
ENROLLMENT ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE:
- Go To: //joineos.me/DSDFIT
- Promo Code: DSDFIT
What If I'm already a member of EoS Fitness?
- Enroll for the corporate membership online
- Email email@example.com afterwards with the new agreement information and your current agreement is cancelled with no further billing
- The annual membership fee on the new agreement will be moved to the following year on the same month you paid this calendar year
- If you haven't paid the AMF this calendar year, it will come out with your first monthly invoice.
- Confirmation will be sent via email once processed.
What if my child is a minor?
- Enter all the child's demographic information EXCEPT Date of Birth
- Enter your own DOB
- Sign your name, not the child's, when prompted to sign for the agreement
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org afterwards with your child's agreement number and actual DOB
- If your child is between 13-15 years of age, they can only attend the gym with yourself, never by themselves.
- Confirmation will be sent via email once adjustment has been made.
**Don’t forget to register your new agreement immediately after signing up! It will allow you to review your visits, check your billing, enroll for classes online, and assign a home location for the gym that’s most convenient for you.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com
Davis Moves is pleased to present to you the annual Wellness Series. This series consists of different classes that are offered beginning in September. These classes are offered to ALL Davis School District employees. The purpose of this series is to educate employees about different health topics to help them live healthier lifestyles and reach an optimal level of wellness. **Re-licensure points are available for attendance. WellSteps points are available for attendance.
Please note that all classes will be held virtually for the 2020-2021 school year.
September 23 - Inner Peace is the New Success
October 21 - Know Your Numbers
November 11 - The Transformative Power of Gratitude
December 16 - Stress-Less Holidays
January 13 - Reset, Restart, and Recharge
February 10 - Heart Health
March 10 - Good Mood Food
April 14 - Chair Yoga & Stretching
May 12 - Becoming your Most Resilient Self