Six student teachers were awarded $500 scholarships to go towards finishing their teaching degrees. The annual scholarships were created in honor of former teachers and are presented by the Department of Professional Learning and Quality Staffing.
- Olivia Jones at Buffalo Point Elementary
- Andrew Rembacz at Mueller Park Junior High & Woods Cross Elementary
- Cassidy Nye at Kay's Creek Elementary
- Laura Justensen at Layton Elementary
- Taysha Haws at Northridge High
- and Natalie Huntington at Woods Cross High
Western Governors University also provided $500 tuition credits to 14 student teachers in Davis School District who are in its educator licensing programs.
Thanks to all who #TeachInDavis!