Mueller Park Junior High addition
Completed Fall 2018
On Sept. 6, 2016, Davis School District board members approved MHTN Architects as the architect and Ascent Construction as the Construction Manager/General Contractor (CM/CG) for the addition and remodel.
For information on the selection of the architectural firm, click here.
Additions to the existing Mueller Park Junior High School were difficult due to the challenging site conditions. The school was literally carved out of the hillside. Usually, hiring the CM/CG is done after the architect has a preliminary design. In this case, it was determined to hire the CM/CG with the architect to give early construction advice and cost estimates throughout the design process.
For information on the selection of the CM/CG, click here.
Ascent Construction, acting in the capacity of the CM/CG received bids from the sub-contractors for the Mueller Park Junior High School Addition and Remodel project. This project:
- added 12 new classrooms to the south end of the building;
- enlarged the commons area;
- added a new entrance with a secure vestibule;
- remodeled the administrative offices;
- remodeled the gymnasium;
- provided air conditioning throughout the entire school; and
- added a new parking lot to the north side of the building to facilitate student drop-off, which will add an additional 80 parking stalls to the school.
Construction of this project began in spring 2017 and was completed fall of 2018.
To view the open house video, click here.