Bond 2015 Projects
$298 million bond funds building projects
The landscape of the Davis School District is changing thanks to voters of Davis County.
- Farmington High School - opened Fall 2018;
- Junior High #17 in west Layton — scheduled to open Fall 2019;
- an elementary school in the northwest portion of the district based on the greatest need;
- and, either another elementary school needed because of growth or rebuild an existing older elementary school.
Work at existing schools will also include:
- adding to Mountain High – many classrooms which are portables and expensive to heat and cool;
- adding to the capacity of Mueller Park Junior High;
- and, rebuilding West Bountiful Elementary – originally built in 1955 – some 60 years ago.
The district is also increasing security, replacing waterlines, upgrading HVAC and energy systems and addressing a host of varying needs at other schools. The district prioritizes the projects based on a facility assessment survey as well as by feedback from the community and people who work in the schools.
The priority of those projects are as follows:
- Year One – Begin Farmington High; begin Viewmont High upgrade;
- Year Two – Begin Mueller Park addition; begin junior high in West Layton; begin Woods Cross High renovations;
- Year Three – Begin West Bountiful Elementary rebuild; begin Mountain High addition;
- Year Four – Rebuild the existing South Clearfield Elementary;
- Ongoing as needed – property purchases, maintaining infrastructure, replacing roofs, windows, boilers, etc.
Of course, the timeline may change due to emergency building needs or changes in taxes. Check this page often for updates on projects, as well as approved construction managers, costs of projects and other information.