A Strategic Plan for Excellence in Education
Davis School District provides an environment where learning comes first. Students master essential learning skills, demonstrate civic responsibility, prepare for post-secondary education and careers, and engage in positive personal development. Parents are invested in their student's education. Employees recognize the value of their individual contributions and commit to excellence. The community engages in and supports the
- Values & Beliefs
- Student Achievement
- Stakeholder Involvement
- Quality Staffing
- Fiscal Responsibility
- have a shared responsibility for their own learning;
- have individual learning styles, needs, and gifts; education is most successful when these attributes are respected and utilized;
- must be prepared to embrace new opportunities and challenges in order to successfully transition from school to post secondary education and/or careers;
- school readiness is a critical component of school success.
- are a student's first teacher;
- have a shared responsibility for their student's learning;
- must be empowered by schools to prepare for and support their student's learning;
- have the right to be involved and informed about school policies and their student's progress.
- Every employee is an educator and has shared responsibility for student learning;
- Effective classroom teachers are critical and assume primary responsibility for student learning;
- Effective leadership is key to student learning;
- Collaboration is fundamental to successful outcomes;
- Advancing the capabilities of all employees is essential to an excellent educational system.
- Learning is best served when collaboration occurs among students, parents, school and district personnel, and communities;
- Communities benefit from a strong public education system;
- Well managed physical facilities are a community asset and must be specifically designed, constructed, and maintained to advance learning.
- Education enhances the quality of life and is the foundation for a strong and free society;
- Education is a dynamic process improved through a continuous cycle of assessment, reflection, and modification;
- Educational resources must be managed effectively, transparently, and equitably;
- High standards and expectations must be maintained through a system of accountability.
Achievable, feasible, and verifiable results that ensure our
District will achieve our mission. We reach the goals through the objectives.
Goal 1 — Student Achievement
Ensure each student demonstrates growth in order to meet or exceed Davis School District Standards.
Goal 2 — Stakeholder Involvement
Involve all segments of the community to help students succeed by building understanding and support for schools in the Davis School District.
Goal 3 — Quality Staffing
A commitment to having the best employees.
Goal 4 — Fiscal Responsibility
Responsibly address financial needs of the school system and maximize utilization of resources.
Ensure each student demonstrates growth in order to meet or exceed
Davis School District Standards.
- K-3: 65% of K-3 students will attain DIBELS scores that yield typical (or higher) progress from beginning to end of each school year.
- 4-10: Writing subscores on SAGE tests in grades 4-10 will exceed state average.
- 11-12: 65% of students will attain college-ready scores on ACT English and 50% of students will attain college-ready scores on ACT Reading.
- 3-10: Math and science scores on SAGE tests in grades 4-10 will exceed state average.
- 11-12: 45% of students will attain college-ready scores on ACT Math and 40% of students will attain college-ready scores on ACT Science.
College and Career Readiness
- Graduation: Increase subgroup graduation rate for the most at-risk groups of students each year.
- Digital Learning: All students will learn in an environment enriched by learning technology (e.g. digital courseware, online learning resources, one-to-one computing).
- College-Level Coursework: The percent of enrolled students who successfully complete college-level coursework during high school (AP/CE/IB) will increase each year.
- Career and Technical Education: The percent of enrolled students who successfully complete CTE courses and CTE pathways will increase each year.
Involve all segments of the community to help students succeed
by building understanding and support for schools in the Davis School District.
- Inform the community of the academic excellence, creativity and innovation that exists within the Davis School District.
- Involve the community in establishing a learning environment that welcomes involvement and fosters good will.
- Establish and maintain relationships with parents and community members that enhance the ability of every child to succeed in school every day.
A commitment to having the best employees.
- We will recruit, retain, and develop certified and classified employees of diverse abilities, skills, and backgrounds and provide support and opportunities for growth throughout their careers.
- Recruit - We seek and attract the most qualified candidates for positions in classrooms, buildings, and supporting programs that serve our students.
- Retain - We strive to create an environment in which employees participate in induction, mentoring, and collaboration for mutual growth and support.
- Develop - We encourage and provide professional learning and skill development which give our employees opportunities for growth and career progression.
Responsibly address financial needs of the school system
and maximize utilization of resources.
- We will provide financial processes and business practices which ensure the financial integrity of the District while maximizing resources to support student learning.
- Manage and balance budgets recognizing input from key stakeholders to ensure we maximize the impact in the classroom
- Prioritize the capital improvement projects based on data from the facility assessment study, using ongoing capital funds and one-time bond proceeds.
- Maximize the life and use of District property, capital assets, and facilities through careful planning, use, and maintenance.