Best of Davis Awards
Best of Davis nominations sought
The Davis School District wants to know which employees are among the best of the best.
The Best of Davis Award celebrates the exceptional employees in the district who support and encourage excellence in education,
Community residents and employees are invited to nominate individuals they feel are deserving of this award.
This program replaces the CARE Awards and recognizes more employees for the excellent work they are doing. The award will be given to up to 40 district employees (15 elementary teachers, 15 secondary teachers and 10 support personnel). Courtesy of Chevron, Hogan & Associates Construction and the Davis Education Foundation, each will receive a monetary award.
Community residents and employees are invited to nominate individuals they feel are the best of the best in their profession. Only district employees are eligible for the award. Prior CARE or Best of Davis Award winners cannot be nominated. A full list of prior winners is available here.
All applications should be submitted on the approved nomination form, which can be filled out online at this link http://bit.ly/bestofdavis. Handwritten forms will NOT be considered. Self-nominations and those made by immediate family members will not be accepted.
The nomination is simple.
• Nominators are asked to describe in 300 words or less what makes the nominee stand out from others.
• Nominators are also asked to include emails of four other people who can endorse the nomination. Suggested endorsers could include the nominee’s supervisor.
• The nominee will then be invited to fill out an award application form.
• The four endorsers will receive an email inviting them to expand on why the nominee should be considered for a Best of Davis Award.
• A selection committee will pick the award winners from those applications.
The deadline for nominations is March 1. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com