Guardians of all Out of District or charter school students should contact the Student Services Department 801-402-5159
- Open Enrollment begins December 1 for the next school year.
- Boundary Variance/Open Enrollment applications are only accepted online through your myDSD Guardian account, with the exception of entering Kindergarten students who should apply for a variance at the requested school.
- Students that have a current variance and want to continue to attend the same school for the 2019-2020 school year DO NOT need to reapply.
- Online Variance Instructions
- Open Enrollment Status Per School
- Timeline & Policy
- Historical Enrollment Counts
Step-by-Step Instructions for Variance Requests
1. Login to your myDSD guardian account.
2. Choose "Tools" and then "Apply for Boundary Variance" from the drop down menu.
3. If given the choice, select the school year for which you are requesting a variance.
Choose which of your students and then click "Add a Variance Request".
4. Provide the information regarding the requested school, reason and any additional comments.
5. Fill in the payment information and submit payment.
October 1 - Web posting of Official Count
November 15 - Web posting of:
- Next year's projections, capacities and openings
- Previous year's number of applications, acceptances and transfers
February (3rd Friday) - Early Enrollment CLOSES
February (Monday after 3rd Friday) - Late Enrollment BEGINS
Conduct random number sequence drawing(s)
March 15 - Notification of "Non Continuation" must be received
March 31 - Notice of acceptance or rejection of "early" applications
April 1 - Web posting of :
- Actual Enrollments
- "Late enrollment" or "Adjusted capacity"
August (3 weeks prior to start of school) - Late Enrollment ENDS
August (Friday before school begins) - Notice of acceptance or rejection of "late applications
School Feeder Patterns
Click the following link to see how Elementary Students flow into Junior High Schools and how Junior High Students flow into High Schools.