myIDEA - Access & Support
What is myIDEA?
MyIDEA is the web based system you will use to create manage special education records and documents. Davis School District's Data Processing and Special Education Departments designed myIDEA in 2010. The application is implemented and maintained by the Special Education Department. Tom Johnson is the myIDEA manager.
myIDEA Live Site (link)
Use your regular Encore user ID and password. See your school STS if you have never logged into Encore. If you have not participated in training for myIDEA, then you will be unable to login.
- myIDEA Training Site
- myIDEA User Directions (.pdf)
- Accessing Reports in myIDEA
- Generating a custom Excel list using myIDEA (.pdf)
- Using myIDEA on the iPad (.pdf)
Fixes for common myIDEA 'bugs*'
*These 'bugs' are usually caused by the internet browser, not myIDEA.
- When Printing, Adobe Reader seems to be cutting of my document - demonstrates how to use the "Fit" choice in the print dialog box.
- Firefox looks different when I print my reports. These instructions demonstrate how to change the way firefox previews PDF files.
- Pop-up Blocker: When I click print nothing happens. The pop-up blocker for your browser is blocking the .pdf window from opening. Click here for instructions on deactivating pop-up blockers in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- If your password no longer works in myIDEA, but you can still sign into your computer, email, Office 365, your password may be expired.
- Your password expires every 90 days. To reset it, you will need to sign into Encore to change it.
- If you don’t access Encore frequently, and you’ve surpassed the 10 day grace period, then you will need to call the helpdesk (2-5600) to have your password reset. (Currently the only notification users receive of an upcoming password expiration is inside of Encore. If you don't use Encore routinely, you might miss this warning.)
- Medicaid clarification for use during IEP meetings.
New Hire Orientation - August 9, 2016
Induction/New Teacher Orientation Presentations - August 2, 2011
- myIDEA Prezi(Copy of New Teachers myIDEA and File Compliance)
- Compliance Prezi
- myIDEA Instructions for New Users (.pdf)
New LEA Designee Training, August 5, 2011
Other Training Resources
- Training Videos (Requires Adobe Flash Player (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/) If the picture shows, but you don't see a movie, you don't have Adobe Flash Player.
- myIDEA, UPIPS and PIE Prezi for August 19, 2011 and August 22, 2011 opening sessions
Contact Tom Johnson with questions.