Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM)
The Dynamic Learning Maps - The Utah's alternate assessment system. It offers an innovative way for all students with significant cognitive disabilities to demonstrate their learning throughout the school year.
2019-20 DLM Essential Resources:
Educator Portal Login (link) | DLM Utah Resources (link) | DLM Moodle Training Site (link)
Davis District DLM Participation Guidelines (PIE Site)
Prepping your Logins & Passwords for 2019 DLM Administration (.pdf)
*2019-20 DLM Update Letter (.pdf) - Feb 26th
Required Training (Moodle site) - Training Site Link
Before you can get started, you must complete this online training. You can complete this training on your own (self-guided) - Guide to access the Required Test Administrator Training (.pdf) - p.6 shows you how to login | p.13-25 walks you through the training. Looking for the Quiz Study Guide/Keys? - You'll find them on the Special Programs Microsoft Teams Files.
2019-20 DLM Implementation Timeline:
September 2019 - Educator Portal is open.
September 2019 - Moodle Required Training Site is open.
September 11, 2019 – Start Completing the Security Agreement, Access Profile (PNP) & First Contact Surveys (Deadline: March 9th)
Oct – March 6 - Yearly DLM Training (can be complete as self-guided at any time)
Returning Teachers - This is to be done online at your convenience.
1st Time Test Administrators - Jan 10th - 8:30am - 12:00p
Sept 20- Feb 28 - Optional ITI (Instructionally Embedded Assessment)
March 9 – June 5, 2020 - Required Spring Window opens for DLM End of Year & UAA Assessment
Required Spring 2020 - Quick Reference Instructions/Helps:
- TAM (Test Administration Manual) | EPUG (Educator Portal User Guide) - These sections of the TAM and EPUG have easy to follow how-to steps and pictures for administering the DLM.
- Complete the Access Profile “PNP” | TAM pp 34 | EPUG pp 31-42
- Complete the First Contact Survey | TAM pp 35-36 | EPUG pp 42-50
- Manage Spring (End of Year) Assessments TAM pp. 75-80 | EPUG pp. 51-58 (Window Opens March 12th)
- View Student Username and Password EPUG pp 51-54
- Retrieve Testlet Information Page EPUG pp 54-56
- Retrieve Braille Ready File EPUG pp 56-58
- KITE “Student Portal" User Guide | TAM pp 87-95 | Kite Suite: Student Portal software download
- Note: The KITE system delivers only one testlet at a time in each subject. After the student takes the first testlet, KITE Client delivers the next testlet, usually within 15 minutes.
- Number/Schedule of testlets to expect for each subject area & grade during the Spring 2020 Assessment (.png)
DLM Educator Resource Page YE:
Visit Page - Helpful Resources including video examples & Tested EE's. There are also Assessment Administration Resources such as: Familiar Texts in ELA Testlets, terms used in mathematics assessments, lists of common materials by grade, additional training on writing testlets and FAQ resources.
- ELA Materials Collections for Spring 2020 (PDF) - List of common materials by grade that the tests will ask for.
- Math Materials Collections for Spring 2020 (PDF) - List of common materials by grade that the tests will ask for.
- DLM Familiar Texts - Texts may be downloaded and used in instruction
- Writing Testlet FAQ for Spring 2018 (PDF) - All DLM students in every grade are assessed in writing during the spring assessment window as a part of assessment in English language arts.
- Number/Schedule of testlets to expect for each subject area & grade during the Spring 2018 Assessment (.png)
- Currently Tested Essential Elements - Lists of PDFs for each Essential Element available for assessment in 2018–19. These PDFs provide the nodes at each linkage level and a mini-map that shows the pathways between the nodes.
- Complete list of Essential Elements - PDFs containing comprehensive lists of all Essential Elements currently part of the Dynamic Learning Maps® learning map model
- Vertical Alignments of Essential Elelments (EEs)
- USBE Assessment Resources Page (link)
The range of Essential Elements (EEs) that will be assessed during the DLM 2019-20 assessment windows. These are the Grade-level instructions on which EEs you are to use to create instructional plans for each student during the optional instructionally embedded testing window. (Organized by Grade-Level)
Spring 2019 Blueprint ELA YE - pool of available ELA EEs
Spring 2019 Blueprint Math YE - pool of available Math EE’s
KITE Suite: Student Portal Software downloads for Windows, Mac, iPad & Chromebooks - Teachers the software is different this year and new versions need to be installed. Please put in an STS service request in encore ASAP so that STSs will which computers will need the Kite Client software for testing. STS info (.pdf)
- DLM Utah Resources (link)
- Guide to Practice Activities & Released Testlets (.pdf)
- About TIPs - Testlet Information Pages (.pdf)
- DLM Helps for Assessing Profoundly Disabled Students (.pdf)
- DLM Accessibility Manual (.pdf)
- Parent Notification Letter Templates: English (.doc) | Spanish (.doc)
2019-20 SCIENCE UAA Tools:
UAA Manual (.pdf) - The UAA is the Alternate ELA & Math Assessment for grades 1-2 and the Alternate Science Assessment for grades 4-11
USBE Extended Core Standards (.pdf) - for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities: Science Standards Grades K-12
2019 UAA Score Entry Instructions - New Encore (.pdf) |
UAA Testing Window - March 11 – June 7, 2019
Fall 2019 - Optional Testing - Quick Reference Instructions/Helps:
- TAM (Test Administration Manual) | EPUG (Educator Portal User Guide) - These sections of the TAM and EPUG have really great how-to steps and pictures to walk you through the process
- Complete the Access Profile “PNP” pp 35-36 | EPUG pp 29-40
- Complete the First Contact Survey pp 36-37 | EPUG pp 41-50
- Using the Instructional Tools Interface (ITI) | EPUG pp 61-74 (Optional Window Closed)
- Create an Instructional Plan | EPUG pp 61-65
- Confirm an Instructional Plan | EPUG pp 65-67
- View Instructional Plan History | EPUG pp 68-69
- Print Instructional Plan History | EPUG pp 70-72
- Cancel an Instructional Plan | EPUG pp 72-74
- Cancel a confirmed Instructional Plan | EPUG pp 74
- Manage Assessments
- View Student Username and Password EPUG pp 68 (on Instructional Plan History)
- Retrieve Testlet Information Page pp 68
- KITE “Tester" User Guide | TAM pp 89-96
- Glossary | TAM pp 97-99