Department Support Staff Contacts
- Special Education Secretary - Finance - Robin Driggs
- Special Education Secretary - Tracy Black
- Special Education Secretary & LRE Review - Dolores Heyne
- Office Assistant - Kristen Bright
- Medicaid Specialist & 504 Secretary - Cozette Freckleton
- Technician - Related Services - Meridee Litster
- Secretary for the Diagnostic Resource Center & DATT - Gayle Barth
- Compliance, DLM, myIDEA Manager, Webmaster, UPIPs - Tom Johnson
firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-402-5158
Robin works with budget and finances. She purchases materials and equipment for the department. She processes and tracks all of the self-contained learning center and functional skill teachers’ budgets. All reimbursement and mileage forms are sent to her. She is the secretary for the Special Education director.
email@example.com | 801-402-5169
Tracy handles all special education files that are sent to charter schools, private schools, out-of-district and out-of-state files. She provides support to the functional skills staff, Human Rights committee, and Support Team Referrals.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-402-5151
Dolores helps facilitate the LRE process for more or less restrictive placements of students within our district. She tracks student enrollment information and files for students in our learning centers and functional skills classrooms; students entering our district, and students transitioning from elementary to junior high and from junior high to high school. Dolores coordinates with the Transportation Department on special ed busing. She is the Safety Care secretary
email@example.com | 801-402-5485
Kristen's responsibilities include assisting the District Secretaries with various projects. Managing the Professional Development Calendar, processing protocol requests. Assist with Medicaid, and assists with the Transition Fair.
CFRECKLETON@dsdmail.net | 801-402-5142
Her duties include:
• Customer Service
• School Based Medicaid Billing, Employee Time Study & Narrative Log, Medicaid Audits Federal & State, Physicians RX signatures for One-On-One Nursing from Nursing agencies.
• Obtain Medicaid Parental consent forms from parents and case managers.
• Checking SpEd employees on the Sanctioned Providers websites monthly. LEIE exclusion database, SAMS exclusion database, and DOPL license verification.
• 504 Department secretarial support.
• Wellness Captain for SpEd Department.
• CPR Instructor for SpEd Teachers and Para’s.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-402-5482
Meridee's current job responsibilities:
• All payroll for Related Services & Sp. Ed. Extra Duty
• Daily Leave Entry for both Related Services and Sp. Ed. Dept.
• Process leave requests from Related Servers.
• Purchasing for Related Services
• Accounts Payable – submit invoices for contracted services
• Mileage – check claims submitted by Related Servers for accuracy and submit to AP
• Personnel Actions for all Sp. Ed. And Related Servers (terminations, position changes, TA transfers, etc.)
• Track personnel by location and keep an up-do-date spreadsheet on the S drive.
• Reports to USOE (Legislative Payroll, Personnel Report, High Cost)
• Employee Driving Test tracking
• Collect & file required documents from Related Servers (schedule, Employee Emergency Calling Card, SEP Make-Up)
• Each month, collect, check for accuracy, and file time management record (time cards) from all Related Servers and the Sp. Ed. Department.
• Research Payroll & Personnel questions for both departments
• Work with Accounting to get new position numbers created that have been approved by SES.
• Miscellaneous Payroll and Personnel reports for supervisors & Director
GBARTH@dsdmail.net | 801-402-5955
Duties include the following:
• Process Special Ed Move In Students.
• Process students returning to the district from treatment centers.
• Schedule appointments for Hearing test & work with Audiologists.
• Work with the Assistive Technology Team & schedule appointments for training's
• ESY (extended School Year)
• KTEA orders for Special Ed Teachers.
email@example.com | 801-402-5479
MyIDEA is Davis District’s web based IEP system used to create most of the documents for students in the special education program. The responsibilities of the MyIDEA manager include: creating and updating training materials for MyIDEA; training all certified SPED staff to access and use MyIDEA; provide support for the use of MyIDEA; and coordinate improvements of the program with the data processing department. He also supports teachers and the TCM’s in the entering and tracking of data for October, December and July student services counts. He is also responsible for accuracy of data reported to the USOE. As the webmaster, he creates, updates and manages the special education website for Davis School District.