Mild/Moderate K-12 Contacts
- Mild/Moderate K-12 Director - Lisa Wall
- Supervisor - Sallie Richardson
- Supervisor - Allison Whiting
- Supervisor - Scott Francis
LWALL@dsdmail.net | 801-402-5151
- Lisa oversees the elementary and secondary programs for students with mild/moderate disabilities in the 60 elementary schools, 17 junior high schools and 10 High Schools in Davis School District, including adult education and Mountain High. She provides consultation services and on-site technical support to teachers, administrators, school teams, and school faculties in the areas of staff development, staffing, file compliance, support team referrals, conflict resolution, safe schools manifestation, classroom management, scheduling, the LRE process, facilitating the use of effective, research-based instructional strategies and programs, and a variety of other areas.
email@example.com | 801-402-5169
Sallie is the Special Education Teacher Leader for Elementary. She provides support to district staff, schools faculty, parents and students with mild/moderate disabilities at the elementary level. She provides consultation, observations and ongoing technical support with implementation of effective instructional practices, classroom management, curriculum development, compliance, scheduling, behavior and a variety of other areas. Sallie also serves on district and special education committees.
AWHITING@dsdmail.net | 801-402-5169
- Allison provides support to students with mild/moderate disabilities, teachers, and administrators, and IEP teams at the secondary level. She provides consultation and ongoing technical support with implementing effective instructional practices, classroom management, curriculum development, compliance, scheduling, and a variety of other areas. She works with Lisa Wall, Adam King, and Aaron Lewis in coordinating staff development on the secondary level.
SFRANCIS@dsdmail.net | 801-402-5169
Scott coordinates services provided to students with severe disabilities, K-12. He provides support through new teacher training, and inservice trainings with all functional skill teachers on current policy, procedures and research-based programs. He provides ongoing paraeducator training and coordinates the district inclusion team.
This team conducts the following business in the special education department:
- District Case Management
- CAN Professional Development Training - 4 half day trainings
- School Specific Training
- Assign Staffing
- Parent Relations
- Specialized Curriculum
- School Administration Liaison
- Problem solving, rules & regs, procedure, technical assistance
- Alternative Education Programs
- Group home, Matt’s place, Renaissance, Quest, Adult Ed., Online, Private School (Layton Christian, St. Olaf, Autism Solution)
- Teacher Support
- Working with State/Schools on Course Codes
- Higher Education Advisory Board
- Impact Tester Facilitation
- Transition Fair
- NUAP/Pingree transitions
- Paperwork Assistants
- Private Schools