Currently, we are in the urgent phase.
- Schools are in a soft closure.
- Students and most staff are not in our buildings.
- Remote learning is taking place.
- Waiver granted by the Utah State Board of Education.
- Attendance protocol established (see more on attendance in the left menu link).
- Grading converted to districtwide scale (see more on grading in the left menu link).
Reduce spread of COVID-19:
- Dismiss students from traditional school attendance
- Limit all gatherings (of students and employees) according to guidelines from state and local health departments
- Allow staff to work remotely where possible and according to direction from their supervisors
- Provide individual assistance to students/families by appointment only
- Record a log of all students, parents, and staff who enter the school building
Provide remote learning opportunities for students:
- Provide remote learning experiences for students
- Focus learning experiences on highest priority learning standards
- Adjust testing and grading procedures to accommodate unique changes to educational delivery
- Extend efforts to meet the needs of students with disabilities or other at-risk students
- Provide credit remediation for students needing credit to graduate
Continue essential services for students and families:
Provide computers or other needed technology for students to use during remote learning
- Continue other services to students/families where possible, including:
o Grab-and-go breakfast and lunch services
o School counseling services
o Technology support services
o School and district administrative services
We don't want to eliminate a student's opportunity to achieve at a high level, but yet we want no failure for students out of this crisis — this health crisis that's come to them, not by their choice or anyone's choice.
Supt. Reid Newey