Throughout the summer, the district is moving into the recovery phase.
Restore and expand delivery of educational services:
- Open all schools and classrooms with an enhanced school-based instructional model
- Capitalize on expanded teacher and student capacity for personalized and competency-based learning
- Embed digital tools in regular classroom instruction to develop/maintain student and teacher capacity
- Expand work on priority standards and personalized, competency-based learning
- Assess and remediate any gaps in credit or learning that linger from the closure of the prior year (particularly important early in the school year)
- Continue extended efforts to meet the needs of students with disabilities and other at-risk students.
Engage in prevention efforts and preparation for future school closures:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of every school and department during the closure and make adjustments to procedures as needed
- Identify ways to conduct school in a safer and more hygienic way
- Continue to instruct staff and students on disease prevention and habits of healthy living
- Develop ongoing plans for remote learning
o For use with individual students in typical school structure
o For use with all students in case of school closure
o For short-term or long-term implementation
We are going to adopt some new ways of doing business that we have gained on in this health crisis.
Supt. Reid Newey