Routes to Becoming a Teacher
ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY LICENSURE PROGRAM
This is the traditional pathway for many teachers. The focus is on content knowledge as well as pedagogical theory, instructional practices, and classroom management.
A Utah teaching license can be acquired through completion of one of the following:
Post-bachelor Graduate Certificate program
INFORMATION: Contact your local university
COST: Tuition, student fees, books, etc.
Associate Educator License
This non-traditional path to licensure is initiated by contacting the USBE directly.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- USBE background and fingerprint check
- Content knowledge assessment or degree major
- Associate Educator License Modules
- Basic Special Education Law and Instruction
- Educator Ethics
- Classroom Management and Instruction
- Utah Effective Teaching Standards (UET)
Visit the USBE Licensing web site
Davis District does not issue teaching licenses, however, we are happy to answer your questions. Contact us:
Jocelyn Heyne, HR Licensing expert: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Learning & Quality Staffing: email@example.com