The Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) is responsible for responding to, investigating, and resolving complaints of student-on-student and staff-on-student harassment and other discrimination.
OEO staff includes a Director, District Coordinators, and School Coordinators. District and School Coordinators will investigate all complaints of harassment and discrimination in accordance with Section 4 of this Policy.
The OEO is also responsible for:
- Overseeing the District’s handling of complaints of harassment and discrimination.
- Evaluating the District’s responses to complaints and determining if additional supports, resources, or training is necessary.
- Implementing programs and procedures to address any hostile environments related to or arising from harassment and discrimination and ensure students have equal access to opportunities.
- Conducting outreach to parents, including educating parents on this policy and the procedures for submitting a complaint through parent nights and other community building events.
- Educating students and training staff on recognizing, reporting, responding to, and preventing harassment and discrimination and the District’s related policies and procedures for responding to harassment and discrimination.
See below the definitions and more information about some of the federal programs that coincide with the OEO.