Upgrading to a Level 2 License
New Teacher Induction Professional Learning
During your first 3 years of teaching you will complete the New Teacher Induction program. Choose from the two links below for your list of professional learning requirements:
Secondary Mentor Supervisor Elementary Mentor Supervisor
Jenette Jenkins Allison Riddle
Suicide Prevention Training
Part one and two of the Suicide Prevention training must be completed every three years. You will show proof of completion to your principal at your Level 1 upgrade meeting.
Part One: ONLINE TRAINING
Login to USBE Suicide Prevention Training
- Watch video
- Complete quiz
- Print, save, and email yourself the certificate
Part Two: LIVE TRAINING
Attend a live Davis District Suicide Prevention Training in Davis School District. No advance registration or RSVP is required. Choose to attend ONE of the sessions:
Friday, October 4, 2019 OR
Friday, March 13, 2020
Farmington High School
3:00 - 4:00
Training to replace the cancelled March 13, 2020 Session:
Cindi Peterson Christi Blankman
School counseling secretary K-12 Prevention coordinator
Student & Family Resources Student & Family Resources
Student Data Privacy Course
Complete the online Student Data Privacy Course. Print the completion certificate and show that certificate to your principal during your Level 1 upgrade meeting.
Praxis PLT (Not Required for Teachers with a regular Level 1 license)
Teachers with an APT Level 1 license are required to take the Principles of Learning and Teaching Praxis (Praxis II PLT) in order to upgrade their license. Follow the links below for more information:
- Create a Praxis Account
- Praxis Test Centers and Dates
- Praxis Preparation Resources
- Online PD Pro: Prepping for the Praxis PLT
For active educators employed with Davis School District, reimbursement for the Praxis II PLT (Principles of Learning & Teaching) exam is currently available for a score of 160 or above.
Email your score report PDF to:Tracie Yamashita Secretary Professional Learning & Quality Staffing email@example.com
Reimbursements will take up to two weeks.
DSD does not reimburse for Praxis content tests.
Visit the USBE Educator Licensing site and complete the Ethics Review.
Visit the USBE Educator Licensing site and initiate your Background Check.
- If you have not completed a background check for USBE since July 1, 2015, you need to do another one.
- After you have applied and paid for a background check, USBE will email you a fingerprint authorization form. You must take this form to a live scan site to be fingerprinted.
- If you get an error message telling you that you do not need one, please contact Jocelyn Heyne in Human Resources to verify this is correct.
License Upgrade Form
Print a Level 1 Upgrade Form and meet with your principal to verify completion of the following:
- Online and live Suicide Prevention training sessions
- Online Student Data Privacy course
- Evaluate Davis self-assessment with reflections
- Four Evaluate Davis observations by an administrator
- Mid-year summative evaluation with satisfactory scores
- End-of-year summative evaluation and with satisfactory scores
You will need to bring the following documents when you meet with your administrator:
- DSD Level 1 Upgrade Form
- Online Suicide Prevention certificate
- Online Student Data Privacy certificate
- Proof of attendance at the live Suicide Prevention training
- Verification of APT Professional Learning form (if you are an APT-licensed teacher)
Submit Upgrade Form
Turn in the Davis Level 1 Upgrade form to Jocelyn Heyne in Human Resources. You can pony the upgrade form or scan and email the form.
The deadline for receiving forms is June 20th.
When you are eligible for completing the upgrade online, you will receive an email from the USBE with instructions on how to access and print your Level 2 License on the USBE site.
Online upgrade must be completed no later than June 25th.