License Renewal Requirements
New Teacher Induction Professional Learning
During your first 3 years of teaching you will complete the New Teacher Induction program. Choose from the two links below for your list of professional learning requirements:
Secondary Mentor Supervisor Elementary Mentor Supervisor
Jenette Jenkins Allison Riddle
Suicide Prevention Training
Two hours of Suicide Prevention Training are required for all district licensed employees to renew or upgrade an educator license.
This requirement is outlined in Utah Code 53G-9-704:
“(1) A school district and charter school shall require a licensed employee to complete a minimum of two hours of professional development training on youth suicide prevention every three years.”
For more information contact:
Cindi Peterson Christi Blankman
School counseling secretary K-12 Prevention coordinator
Student & Family Resources Student & Family Resources
Student Data Privacy Course
Complete the online Student Data Privacy Course. Print the completion certificate and show that certificate to your principal during your license renewal meeting.
Praxis PLT (Required for APT-licensed teachers only)
Teachers with an APT Level 1 license are required to take the Principles of Learning and Teaching Praxis (Praxis II PLT) in order to upgrade to a Professional Educator License. Follow the links below for more information:
- Create a Praxis Account
- Praxis Test Centers and Dates
- Praxis Preparation Resources
- Online PD Pro: Prepping for the Praxis PLT
For active educators employed with Davis School District, reimbursement for the Praxis II PLT (Principles of Learning & Teaching) exam is currently available for a score of 160 or above.
Email your score report PDF to:Tracie Yamashita Secretary Professional Learning & Quality Staffing email@example.com
Reimbursements will take up to two weeks.
DSD does not reimburse for Praxis content tests.
Visit the USBE Educator Licensing site and complete the Ethics Review.
Visit the USBE Educator Licensing site and initiate your Background Check.
- If you have not completed a background check for USBE since July 1, 2015, you need to do another one.
- If you get an error message telling you that you do not need one, please contact Jocelyn Heyne in Human Resources to verify this is correct.
License Renewal Form
Print a Professional Educator License renewal form and meet with your principal to verify completion of the following:
- Online and live Suicide Prevention training sessions
- Online Student Data Privacy course
You will need to bring the following documents when you meet with your administrator:
- Professional Educator License renewal form
- Online Suicide Prevention certificate
- Online Student Data Privacy certificate
- Proof of attendance at the live Suicide Prevention training
- Verification of APT Professional Learning form (APT-licensed teachers only)
Complete License Renewal
Submit your license renewal information via USBE site. Keep all certificates and the license renewal form in case of audit.