Upgrading to a Level 2 License
New Teacher Induction Professional Learning
During your first 3 years of teaching you will complete the New Teacher Induction program. Choose from the two links below for your list of professional learning requirements:
Secondary Mentor Supervisor Elementary Mentor Supervisor
Jenette Jenkins Allison Riddle
Suicide Prevention Training
Part one and two of the Suicide Prevention training must be completed every three years. You will show proof of completion to your principal when doing your upgrade paperwork.
Part One: ONLINE TRAINING
Login to USBE Suicide Prevention Training
- Watch video
- Complete quiz
- Print, save, and email yourself the certificate
Part Two: LIVE TRAINING
Attend a live Davis District Suicide Prevention Training in Davis School District. No advance registration or RSVP is required. Choose to attend ONE of the sessions:
Friday, November 9, 2018 OR Friday, March 8, 2019
Farmington High School
548 West Glovers Lane
3:00 - 4:00
- If you are unable to attend the live Suicide Prevention Training, you can attend a Davis District QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) Training. Contact Christi Blankman to set this up.
Cindi Peterson Christi Blankman
Suicide Prevention Training Suicide Prevention Training
All Elementary and Secondary teachers are required to take the Principles of Learning and Teaching Praxis.
For active educators employed with Davis School District, reimbursement for passing completion of the Praxis PLT is currently available. To receive a reimbursement, submit your Praxis PLT Score Report PDF via email to:Tracie Yamashita email@example.com
Reimbursements will take up to two weeks.
Note: DSD does not reimburse for Praxis content tests.
Visit the USBE Educator Licensing site and complete the Ethics Review.
Follow the link below and select "Background Check"
- If you have not completed a background check for USBE since July 1, 2015, you need to do another one.
- After you have applied and paid for a background check, USBE will email you a fingerprint authorization form. You must take this form to a live scan site to be fingerprinted.
- If you get an error message telling you that you do not need one, please contact Jocelyn Heyne in Human Resources to verify this is correct.
License Upgrade Form
Print a Davis Level 1 Upgrade form and meet with your principal to verify completion of the following:
- Online and live suicide prevention training sessions
- Evaluate Davis self-assessment with reflections
- Four Evaluate Davis observations by an administrator
- Mid-year summative evaluation with satisfactory scores
- End-of-year summative evaluation and with satisfactory scores
You will need to bring the following when you meet with your administrator:
- Davis Level 1 Upgrade form
- Online suicide prevention certificate
- Proof of attendance at the live suicide prevention training
- APT Professional Learning form (if on an APT Level 1 license)
Turn in the Davis Level 1 Upgrade form to Jocelyn Heyne in Human Resources. You can pony the upgrade form or scan and email the form.
The deadline for receiving forms is June 20th.
When you are eligible for completing the upgrade online, you will receive an email from the USBE with instructions on how to access and print your Level 2 License on the USBE site.
Online upgrade must be completed no later than June 25th.