Translation & Interpretation Services
Communication brings about understanding and more...
MISSION To communicate and promote educational understanding and student expectations to Non-English speaking parents in their native languages at Davis School District.
Sol Prodan, M.Ed
- Provide Oral Interpretations between parents, teacher/administrator on different student issues
- Provide Written Translations of school/district documents
- Review and Update previous translations saved on database
- Inform non-English speaking parents on Student Achievement and Behavior issues
- Facilitate Knowledge of School Curriculum/Programs/legal policies to non- English parent
- Respond to Emergency oral interpretation
- Provide parent interpretation at Public Meetings & involve them through translation of surveys,school community council, etc.
- Facilitate Understanding among the different cultures and languages involved in the district
- Publicize Department/Programs documents via district Web site
- Oral interpretation in Spanish and other languages
- "Acquiring Interpretation Skills” training
- Student/family/district conflict resolution/mediation
- "Let's Practice Interpretation!" workshop
- “Providing School Services Via Interpreters” training
- Prospective and present interpreter testing
- Translation of student foreign transcript for accreditation
- Responsive Services