Best of Davis nominations sought
Do you know a teacher who has made an impact in a student’s life?
Perhaps it is a secretary who makes going to school a joy for you and your student. Or a bus driver whose interactions with your student supports social-emotional wellness?
The Best of Davis Award celebrates the exceptional employees in the Davis School District.
The program recognizes up to 40 district employees (15 elementary teachers, 15 secondary teachers and 10 support personnel) for the excellent work they are doing. Thanks to Chevron, Hogan & Associates Construction and the Davis Education Foundation, each receives a monetary award and small token of appreciation.
Community residents and employees are invited to nominate individuals they feel are the best of the best. Prior CARE or Best of Davis Award winners cannot be nominated. A list of prior winners is available here.
All applications should be submitted on the approved nomination form, which can be filled out online at this link. Handwritten forms will NOT be considered.
Self-nominations and those made by immediate family members will not be accepted.
The nomination is simple.
• Nominators are asked to describe in 300 words or less what makes the nominee stand out from others. The deadline for nominations is Monday, March 1.
• Nominators are also asked to include two other names who can endorse the nomination. Suggested endorsers could include the nominee’s supervisor.
• The nominee will receive a copy of the nomination and be invited to fill out an award application form.
• The suggested endorsers will receive an email inviting them to expand on why the nominee should be considered for a Best of Davis Award.
• A selection committee will pick the award winners from those applications.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org