Ten schools serve summer lunch
Tired of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?
Once again, the Davis School District is offering the Summer Food Service Program. Free lunch will be made available to children 18 years of age and under. Lunch will be served from 11:30-12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at the following schools through Aug. 11:
• Antelope Elementary, 1810 S. Main, Clearfield
• Crestview Elementary, 185 W. Golden Ave., Layton
• Doxey Elementary, 944 N. 250 West., Sunset
• Foxboro Elementary, 587 N. Foxboro Dr., North Salt Lake
• Holt Elementary, 448 N. 1000 W., Clearfield
• Lincoln Elementary, 591 W. Antelope Drive, Layton
• Meadowbrook Elementary, 700 N. 325 East, Bountiful
• North Davis Junior High, 835 S. State Street, Clearfield
• Vae View Elementary, 1750 W. 1600 North, Layton
• Wasatch Elementary, 210 E. Center, Clearfield
Adult meals may be purchased for $3.40. Additional milk may be purchased for 40 cents. Meals must be eaten in the lunchrooms. Menu available here.
No meals will be served on July 3, 4, or 24, in observance of those holidays.
National Merit names scholarship winners
Several National Merit finalists in the Davis School District will enter higher education with a little extra funding help.
Two district students were named National Merit $2,500 Scholarship winners. Those students are the finalists in each state judged to have the strongest combination of accomplishments, skills and potential for success in rigorous college studies. Twenty-four Utah students received the scholarship.
Students thank teachers
Thanks to all who contribute to learning
“I love school!” Those were the unscripted words of Emerie Gelter, second grade, as she prepared to be honored as the youngest graduate of Davis District’s Diabetic Education Program.
Emerie’s enthusiasm and feelings about school were from the heart and reflect her great zest for learning and the dedicated, exceptional work of the great teachers, support staff and administrators in Davis School District.
The Davis School District will keep parents informed of school emergencies and school closures due to weather. Information will be posted here as needed.
Parents also may get the most up-to-date information from the district's Twitter and Facebook accounts.