Davis Goes Green Field Trip
The Davis Goes Green program promotes understanding of water and waste management in Davis School District and the surrounding areas. The Weber Basin Water Conservatory, Wasatch Integrated Waste Management District, South Davis Sewer District, and Davis School District have partnered together in an effort to show students first hand how their water is cleaned and their waste managed. The program provides completely free field trips for our schools to visit these facilities and talk with their experts. These field trips directly support our DESK standards and provide a relevant real world scenario to solidify our students understanding of the world around them.
To sign your 5th, 8th or Earth Science classes up for a field trip please check the calendar below for available dates.
Dates and Times Available:
- In-Person Tour - Monday, Tuesday or Thursday 9:30 - 2:00 (Bus pick up at 9:00)
- In Person Tour - Friday - One Bus Only 9:30 - 1:00 (Bus pick up at 9:00)
You will then need to send the required info listed below to Juli at email@example.com
- Top 3 preferred dates for field trip
- Number of Students
- Number of Busses
- All teachers names and email who will be participating in the field trip.
- Grade level
- Contact cell phone number for lead teacher (this is needed for communication day of field trip)
Once your request is approved you will receive an email with the tour information and learning packet for your field trip.
- In order to maintain the safety of all students visiting the facilities, there must be a minimum of 3 chaperones (including teachers), per bus. However, we suggest having more. Chaperones should understand that they will have specific jobs to do and must commit to the entire tour.
Other questions, please email or call Emily Pearson: firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-402-5128