K-6 Davis Connect
The first step to enrollment is to make an appointment to meet with your prospective teacher.
We will ...
- discuss your expectations in online learning
- show you what your courses look like
- talk about any needs you have as a learner
- answer any other questions or concerns
The following documents will be required for enrollment. Current Davis District students may already have many of the documents at their boundary school. We can request a copy of the records.
- Proof of residency in Davis County, Utah.
- Picture ID of guardian.
- Complete immunization record.
- Original CERTIFIED Birth Certificate. (We will copy for you.)
- Guardianship Status Form
- Demographic Form
- Acceptable Use Agreement
- Release of Records
- Successful Student Policy
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2018.
Language Arts: McGraw Hill Wonders
Science & Social Studies: Lessons from DESK and UEN, project and experiment based. Sample lesson.
Devices: Full time students who have shown success with Davis Connect have the option to check out an iPad for the school year.
Successful Student Policy
Davis Connect is an OPTIONAL program, continued enrollment is based on student success.
1. Students are expected to complete a minimum of 80% of the assigned work at a “2” on the grading rubric each week.
2. If a student does not complete 80% of the assigned work during a week, a parent/student/teacher conference will be held. The student, parent, and teacher will discuss issues preventingwork completion and set goals. A learning contract for successful work completion will be developed.
3. If a student still does not complete a minimum of 80% of their assigned work at a “2” on the district grading rubric, including 80% of missing work, over the next ten school days, the student will be un-enrolled from the Davis Connect program.
4. Four hours per day is the average time needed to complete all assignments. Student success in this program requires the parent/guardian to be present and able to give one on one support and help during this time.
5. Parents and students are required to check messages and general notifications in Schoology daily. Schoology messages are the main means of communication used in our program.
Daily Reading Time: Via web chat, we read both a picture book and chapter book. On Fridays, we even have Show & Tell.
Academic activity: Twice a month we do an academic activity, alternating between fine arts and STEM.
Monthly activity: Once a month we do a field trip activity. We have gone to Ballet West, Clark Planetarium, a variety of museums, 3-D movies, a pumpkin patch, fire stations and many other fun and educational locations. These are whole family activities, you come with your student and are welcome to bring along other family members.
Rebecca Reeder - Supervisor
801-402-5342 - email@example.com
Mrs. Reeder has close to 30 years teaching experience. She has taught 4th grade, 6th grade and has experience in both resource and self-contained classrooms. She has been working with Davis Connect since 2011.
Becca Reeder lives on a farm with her husband, 2 dogs, 3 cats and 4 goats. She loves the country life, canoeing on the Bear River, gardening and taking pictures of sunsets.
Krista Harrah- Teacher
Mrs. Harrah joined the Davis Connect team as a teacher in 2014. Prior to to working with the online school, she taught 3rd and 4th grade students at West Point Elementary where she once attended as a student herself.
When Mrs. Harrah isn't working with her students, she is often having fun with and taking care of children of her own. She has three sons and one daughter and she and her husband love to travel and explore new places. Mrs Harrah also loves arts and crafts, reading, running, and cooking delicious things to eat.
Lani Porter - Office Professional
801-402-5445 - firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been working with the Davis School District Online programs for the past several years. I really enjoy working with students, parents and counselors to help them have a great experience with the online programs Davis school district offers.
When I’m not at work you will find me enjoying my grand kids, biking, hiking or doing anything outdoors. I also enjoy just sitting on my back patio reading a book or listening to music. "To the world you may be one person: but to one person you may be the world." Dr. Seuss