The Davis School District Early Childhood Program provides preschool education for children 3-5 years of age. A modest tuition of $120 per month (2-day/week 2 1/2 hr session/day - M/W or T/Th). The AM session is 8:50 to 11:25 and the PM session is 12:45 to 3:25. The child must be a resident of Davis County in order to register for the District Community Preschool and turn three by October 1st.
Each Community Preschool has one 3 year old only AM classroom. In order for your child to be eligible to enroll in this classroom, your child must turn three between June 1 and October 1.
Children who turn five on or before midnight of September 1st are eligible for kindergarten and CANNOT be enrolled in the District Community Preschool. Please refer to the "Registration" tab if you are interested in enrolling your child in Community Preschool.
Community Preschool for the 2020-2021 school year will start the week of September 8, 2020. Teachers will notify parents either by letter or email in August of time of the Orientation.
WE HAVE MOVED TO OUR NEW FACILITY
FREEPORT WEST, F-2
CLEARFIELD, UTAH 84016
If you have trouble locating us, please call 801-402-5409. We appreciate your patience.
Thanks, PS SPED Staff
New Community Preschool Opening at West Clinton Elementary
January 3, 2022.
2021-2022 community preschool Registration
if you are interested in registering for community Preschool for 2021-2022 school year, please call 801-402-5409 to check for available openings.
2021-2022 DSD Community preschool registration flyer
Current school year (2020-2021) Community preschool information
limited space is available in some of our community preschool classrooms for the 2020-2021 school year. If you are interested in enrolling your student, please call 801-4042-5409 for space availability. please note that the last day for preschool this year is May 25, 2021
Classes are held in elementary schools (refer to "Location" tab for preschool locations) throughout the Davis School District and follow the traditional school year schedule, observing all school holidays. Class size is approximately 17 children, including some children with special needs. Classes are 2 1/2 hour morning or afternoon sessions held two days a week and focus on developmental appropriate practices using We Can! curriculum (refer to "Curriculum" tab).
Our Preschool teachers are highly qualified in the Early Childhood field. Instructors are involved in continuous educational training programs to remain informed about current Early Childhood methods and practices. Teachers follow National Performance standards and guidelines from the National association for the Education of Young Children. We assess each child's development individually and build lesson plans based on the child's developmental needs. Each classroom team consists of a special educator, regular educator, and two assistants to help with classroom routines.
The We Can! curriculum is a play-based curriculum which allows children to explore, discover and learn. The Preschool program includes activities in the following areas:
- Creative Arts
- Music and Movement
- Self-help Skills
- Outdoor Play
- Dramatic Play
- Sand and Water
Child development activities are designed to enhance each child's growth and development through hands-on learning and opportunities that promote school readiness, develop critical thinking, problem solving, and social skills. Teachers assess children's development and design lesson plans based on each child's strengths and needs.
FREE PRESCHOOL AVAILABLE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR NEXT FALL
Community Preschool may be offering a FREE Preschool Scholarship to all qualifying 3-5 year old preschool students.
If available, we will have qualifying information for the grant available at the time of registration.
If your child does not qualify for the Scholarship, he/she may qualify for reduced tuition.
If you are interested in registering your child for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact us at 801-402-5409 for classroom availability.
YOUR CHILD MUST BE A RESIDENT OF DAVIS COUNTY TO REGISTER FOR THE COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL PROGRAM AND CANNOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR KINDERGARTEN
(5 YEARS OLD ON OR BEFORE SEPT. 1)
Additional Registration Information:
- Preschool Policies and Procedures
- Preschool Tuition Schedule
- Preschool Fee Form
- Tuition Payment Slip
- myDSD Guardian Account Procedures
2021-2022 Community Preschool registration
our online registration is closed. we will re-open registration on may 17, 2021. please call 801-402-5409 to check for available slots.
additional information provided below in our registration flyer
2021-2022 community preschool registration flyer
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
- Adams Elementary - 2200 East 2500 North - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-2942
- Bluff Ridge Elementary - 2680 South Bluff Ridge Dr. - Syracuse UT 84075 - (801)402-2862
- Boulton Elementary - 2611 South Orchard Dr. - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1310
- Buffalo Point - 1924 South Doral Dr. - Syracuse UT 84075 - (801)402-8400
- Canyon Creek Elementary - 755 South 1100 West - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-0358
- Clinton Elementary - 1101 West 1800 North - Clinton UT 84015 - (801)402-2161
- Creekside Elementary - 275 West Mutton Hollow Road - Kaysville UT 84037 - (801)402-3669
- Eagle Bay Elementary - 1933 West Clark Lane - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-3839
- East Layton Elementary - 2470 East Cherry Lane - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-3272
- Ellison Park Elementary - 800 North Cold Creek Way - Layton UT 84041 - (801)402-7331
- Foxboro Elementary - 587 North Foxboro Dr. - North Salt Lake UT 84054 - (801)402-5050
- Heritage Elementary - 1354 WEst Weaver Lane - Layton UT 84041 - (801)402-1200
- Holbrook Elementary - 1018 East 250 North - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1472
- Kaysville Elementary - 50 North 100 East - Kaysville UT 84037 - (801)402-3432
- Knowlton Elementary - 801 Shepard Lane - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-3019
- Lakeside Elementary - 2941 West 800 North - West Point UT 84015 - (801)402-2912
- Mountain View Elementary - 2025 East 3100 North - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-3716
- Odyssey Elementary - 2050 South 1955 West - Woods Cross UT 84087 - (801)402-0200
- Taylor Elementary - 293 East Pages Lane - Centerville UT 84014 - (801)402-1536
- Tolman Elementary - 300 East 1200 North - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1900
- West Point Elementary - 3788 West 300 North - West Point UT 84015 -(801)402-2786
The Early Learning Center houses the administrative offices for Early Intervention (birth-34.5 mos.), Preschool Special Education (3-5yrs) and Community Preschool (tuition based 3-5 yrs) where we offer support to families and the community.
Freeport West, F-2
Clearfield, UT 840165
Fax: (801) 402-5401