The Davis School District Early Childhood Program provides preschool education for children 3-5 years of age. A modest tuition of $100 per month (2-day/week 2 1/2 hr session/day - M/W or T/Th). AM session 8:50 to 11:25 and PM session 12:45 to 3:25. On-line registration is CLOSED. If you filled out an online application during online registration, you will be notified by email during the week of April 22-26 indicating which school and classroom your child has been accepted to. Please DO NOT bring a copy of the child's birth certificate, current immunizations and a $40 non-refundable registration fee (cash or check) until the week of April 29-May 3. If you do not want to enroll your child in the location and time assigned, no further action is required. If you do not bring the necessary documentation during April 29-May 3, your child will lose his/her spot. If your child is currently enrolled in one of our community preschools and tuition is not current, you may not register for the 2019-2020 school year until tuition has been caught up. The child must be a resident of Davis County in order to register for the District Community Preschool.
Children who turn five on or before midnight of September 1st are eligible for kindergarten and CANNOT be enrolled in the District Community Preschool. Please refer to the "Registration" tab if you are interested in enrolling your child in Community Preschool.
Community Preschool for the 2019-2020 school year will start the week of September 3, 2019. Teachers will notify parents either by letter or email in August of time of the Orientation.
2019-2020 School Year: FOR MORE PRESCHOOL INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 801-402-5409.
Classes are held in elementary schools throughout the Davis School District and follow the traditional school year schedule, observing all school holidays. Class size is approximately 17 children, including some children with special needs. Classes are 2 1/2 hour morning or afternoon sessions held two days a week and focus on developmental appropriate practices using We Can! curriculum.
Our Preschool teachers are highly qualified in the Early Childhood field. Instructors are involved in continuous educational training programs to remain informed about current Early Childhood methods and practices. Teachers follows National Performance standards and guidelines from the National association for the Education of Young Children. We assess each child's development individually and build lesson plans based on the child's developmental needs. Each classroom team consists of a special educator, regular educator, and two assistants to help with classroom routines.
The We Can! curriculum is a play-based curriculum which allows children to explore, discover and learn. The Preschool program includes activities in the following areas:
- Creative Arts
- Music and Movement
- Self-help Skills
- Outdoor Play
- Dramatic Play
- Sand and Water
Child development activities are designed to enhance each child's growth and development through hands-on learning and opportunities that promote school readiness, develop critical thinking, problem solving, and social skills. Teachers assess children's development and design lesson plans based on each child's strengths and needs.
2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
- Adams Elementary - 2200 East 2500 North - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-2942
- Adelaide Elementary (4-day) - 731 West 3600 South - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1250
- Bluff Ridge Elementary - 2680 South Bluff Ridge Dr. - Syracuse UT 84075 - (801)402-2862
- Boulton Elementary - 2611 South Orchard Dr. - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1310
- Bountiful Elementary (am) - 1620 South 50 West - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1350
- Canyon Creek Elementary - 755 South 1100 West - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-0358
- Clinton Elementary - 1101 West 1800 North - Clinton UT 84015 - (801)402-2161
- Cook Elementary - 1185 West 1350 South - Syracuse UT 84075 - (801)402-2219
- Creekside Elementary - 275 West Mutton Hollow Road - Kaysville UT 84037 - (801)402-3669
- Eagle Bay Elementary - 1933 West Clark Lane - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-3839
- East Layton Elementary - 2470 East Cherry Lane - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-3272
- Ellison Park Elementary - 800 North Cold Creek Way - Layton UT 84041 - (801)402-7331
- Holbrook Elementary - 1018 East 250 North - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1472
- Kaysville Elementary - 50 North 100 East - Kaysville UT 84037 - (801)402-3432
- Kay's Creek Elementary - 2260 West Island Drive - Kaysville UT 84037 - (801)402-0050
- Knowlton Elementary - 801 Shepard Lane - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-3019
- Lakeside Elementary - 2941 West 800 North - West Point UT 84015 - (801)402-2912
- Mountain View Elementary - 2025 East 3100 North - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-3716
- Odyssey Elementary - 2050 South 1955 West - Woods Cross UT 84087 - (801)402-0200
- Orchard Elementary - 205 East Center Street - North Salt Lake UT 84054 - (801)402-1717
- Taylor Elementary - 293 East Pages Lane - Centerville UT 84014 - (801)402-1536
- Vae View Elementary (4-day) - 1750 West 1600 North - Layton UT 84041 - (801)402-2800
- West Point Elementary - 3788 West 300 North - West Point UT 84015 -(801)402-2786
The Early Learning Center houses the administrative offices for Early Intervention (birth-34.5 mos.), Preschool Special Education (3-5yrs) and Community Preschool (tuition based 3-5 yrs) where we offer support to families and the community.
115 South 200 East
Farmington, UT 84025
Fax: (801) 402-5401