The Davis School District Early Childhood Program provides preschool education for children 3-5 years of age. A modest tuition of $100 per month (2-day/week 2 1/2 hr session/day - M/W or T/Th). The AM session is 8:50 to 11:25 and the PM session is 12:45 to 3:25. The child must be a resident of Davis County in order to register for the District Community Preschool and turn three by October 1st.
Each Community Preschool has one 3 year old only AM classroom. In order for your child to be eligible to enroll in this classroom, your child must turn three between June 1 and October 1.
Children who turn five on or before midnight of September 1st are eligible for kindergarten and CANNOT be enrolled in the District Community Preschool. Please refer to the "Registration" tab if you are interested in enrolling your child in Community Preschool.
Community Preschool for the 2019-2020 school year will start the week of September 3, 2019. Teachers will notify parents either by letter or email in August of time of the Orientation.
2019-2020 School Year: FOR MORE PRESCHOOL INFORMATION, PLEASE caLL 801-402-5409.
due to the covid-19 pandemic, there will be no tuition charged for april and may 2020
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC,
on-line preschool registration for the 2020-2021 school year is being POSTPONED to june 22-26, 2020.
A link will be available during the week of June 22-26, 2020 in order to register your child for the 2020-2021 school year. all information regarding completion of your child's registration will be included in the
on-line registration application. please read through the application carefully so you don't miss out on completing the registration process.
Classes are held in elementary schools (refer to "Location" tab for preschool locations) throughout the Davis School District and follow the traditional school year schedule, observing all school holidays. Class size is approximately 17 children, including some children with special needs. Classes are 2 1/2 hour morning or afternoon sessions held two days a week and focus on developmental appropriate practices using We Can! curriculum (refer to "Curriculum" tab).
Our Preschool teachers are highly qualified in the Early Childhood field. Instructors are involved in continuous educational training programs to remain informed about current Early Childhood methods and practices. Teachers follow National Performance standards and guidelines from the National association for the Education of Young Children. We assess each child's development individually and build lesson plans based on the child's developmental needs. Each classroom team consists of a special educator, regular educator, and two assistants to help with classroom routines.
The We Can! curriculum is a play-based curriculum which allows children to explore, discover and learn. The Preschool program includes activities in the following areas:
- Creative Arts
- Music and Movement
- Self-help Skills
- Outdoor Play
- Dramatic Play
- Sand and Water
Child development activities are designed to enhance each child's growth and development through hands-on learning and opportunities that promote school readiness, develop critical thinking, problem solving, and social skills. Teachers assess children's development and design lesson plans based on each child's strengths and needs.
FREE PRESCHOOL AVAILABLE
Community Preschool is offering a FREE Preschool Scholarship to all qualifying 3-5 year old preschool students.
We will have qualifying information for the grant available at the time of registration.
If you child does not qualify for the Scholarship, he/she may qualify for reduced tuition.
If you are interested in registering your child for the 2019-2020 school year, please contact the Early Learning Center at 801-402-5409 or email Candra Jeffery at firstname.lastname@example.org for school/classroom availability.
If slots are available, you will need to come to the Early Learning Center 115 South 200 East, Farmington UT between the hours of 8:30am and 3:00pm. Tuition is $100 per month for a 2.5 hr 2-day/week session (Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, a.m. or p.m.). Please bring a copy of your child's birth certificate and current immunization and a $40 non-refundable registration fee (cash or check).
YOUR CHILD MUST BE A RESIDENT OF DAVIS COUNTY TO REGISTER FOR THE COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL PROGRAM AND CANNOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR KINDERGARTEN
(5 YEARS OLD ON OR BEFORE SEPT. 1)
2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
- Adams Elementary - 2200 East 2500 North - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-2942
- Bluff Ridge Elementary - 2680 South Bluff Ridge Dr. - Syracuse UT 84075 - (801)402-2862
- Boulton Elementary - 2611 South Orchard Dr. - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1310
- Buffalo Point - 1924 South Doral Dr. - Syracuse UT 84075 - (801)402-8400
- Canyon Creek Elementary - 755 South 1100 West - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-0358
- Clinton Elementary - 1101 West 1800 North - Clinton UT 84015 - (801)402-2161
- Cook Elementary - 1185 West 1350 South - Syracuse UT 84075 - (801)402-2219
- Creekside Elementary - 275 West Mutton Hollow Road - Kaysville UT 84037 - (801)402-3669
- Eagle Bay Elementary - 1933 West Clark Lane - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-3839
- East Layton Elementary - 2470 East Cherry Lane - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-3272
- Ellison Park Elementary - 800 North Cold Creek Way - Layton UT 84041 - (801)402-7331
- Foxboro Elementary - 587 North Foxboro Dr. - North Salt Lake UT 84054 - (801)402-5050
- Heritage Elementary - 1354 WEst Weaver Lane - Layton UT 84041 - (801)402-1200
- Holbrook Elementary - 1018 East 250 North - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1472
- Kaysville Elementary - 50 North 100 East - Kaysville UT 84037 - (801)402-3432
- Knowlton Elementary - 801 Shepard Lane - Farmington UT 84025 - (801)402-3019
- Lakeside Elementary - 2941 West 800 North - West Point UT 84015 - (801)402-2912
- Mountain View Elementary - 2025 East 3100 North - Layton UT 84040 - (801)402-3716
- Odyssey Elementary - 2050 South 1955 West - Woods Cross UT 84087 - (801)402-0200
- Orchard Elementary - 205 East Center Street - North Salt Lake UT 84054 - (801)402-1717
- Taylor Elementary - 293 East Pages Lane - Centerville UT 84014 - (801)402-1536
- Tolman Elementary - 300 East 1200 North - Bountiful UT 84010 - (801)402-1900
- West Point Elementary - 3788 West 300 North - West Point UT 84015 -(801)402-2786
The Early Learning Center houses the administrative offices for Early Intervention (birth-34.5 mos.), Preschool Special Education (3-5yrs) and Community Preschool (tuition based 3-5 yrs) where we offer support to families and the community.
115 South 200 East
Farmington, UT 84025
Fax: (801) 402-5401