National History Day Contest
NOTE: Some information on this page may be out of date. The 2022 contest information has not been loaded.
This year the Davis District History Day contest will be combining with the Weber Region History Day which will be held virtually. Teachers will need to begin the registration process on the Weber Regional NHD website.
2021 Key Dates
- Registration Deadline: February 14
- Completed Projects Due: February 26, 10:00 pm
- Judging Begins: March 5
- Awards Announced: March 18
Registration & Submission Instructions:
Remember - teachers must register before their students.
- NHD Utah Virtual 2021: How to Register, Format, and Upload Your Project
- Students: Gather This Info Before You Register.pdf
Contact Tracey Saxey, contest coordinator, with any questions.
History Day Information
Annual Theme - 2021 Communication in History: The Key to Understanding
Divisions and Categories
Use these summaries to guide you as you prepare your entry. More detailed descriptions of your specific rules can be found in the official NHD Contest Rule Book. The judging forms are used to evaluate the entries. Use them as a guideline for preparation of your history fair project. See a quick summary of rule changes made this year.
All entries must follow certain general rules: General Rules Summary.
|Historical Paper||Rules Summary||Judging Form|
|Exhibit||Rules Summary||Judging Form|
|Performance||Rules Summary||Judging Form|
|Website||Rules Summary||Judging Form|
|Documentary||Rules Summary||Judging Form|
NHD Theme Book - (Theme description, ideas and Lesson plans)
Communication in History Theme Video - created to inspire students about the theme
Theme Graphic Organizer - students use to map out components of project
- NHD Hangouts - webinars for project ideas
- Utah History Day website
- National History Day website
- Creating A Successful Project
- Organizing Your School History Fair
Important Dates for 2021
History Day Registration
1) Teacher Registration: link will open January 1, 2021
This step must be completed before students can register and parents can complete the permission section. So please do this before the last day so your students have time to complete their part before registration is closed!
2) Student Registration: link will open January 1, 2021
- Davis School District, Elementary Schools: Monica Flint - email@example.com
- Davis School District, Secondary Schools: Chris Hall - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weber/Davis Region: Tracey Saxey email@example.com
- Utah State: Wendy Rex-Atzet - firstname.lastname@example.org