$298 million bond funds building projects
Farmington High School construction is progressing and Mueller Park Junior High, Viewmont High School and Woods Cross High School are in the process of major reconstruction projects. Other voter-approved projects will include:
• a junior high school in west Layton;
• an elementary school in the northwest portion of the district based on greatest need;
• and, either another elementary school needed because of growth or rebuild an existing older elementary school.
Work at existing schools will also include:
• continued renovations at Woods Cross High — originally built in 1972;
• adding to Mountain High — many classrooms which are portables and expensive to heat and cool;
• remodeling Sunset Junior High — one of the oldest junior highs;
• adding to the capacity of Mueller Park Junior High;
• and, rebuilding West Bountiful Elementary — originally built in 1955 — some 60 years ago.
Plus, the district would like to increase security, replace waterlines, upgrade HVAC and energy systems, and address a host of other needs at many other schools. The district prioritizes the projects based on a facility assessment survey as well as by feedback from the community and people who work in the schools.
The priority of those projects are as follows:
• Year One — Begin high school in Farmington; begin Viewmont High upgrade;
• Year Two — Begin Mueller Park addition; begin junior high in west Layton;
• Year Three — Begin Woods Cross high renovations; begin elementary in northwest portion of district;
• Year Four — Begin elementary to accommodate growth or rebuild an existing elementary school; begin Mountain High addition; begin West Bountiful Elementary rebuild; begin Sunset Junior High remodel;
• Ongoing as needed — Property purchases, maintaining infrastructure, replacing roofs, boilers, etc.Of course, that timeline may change due to emergency building needs or changes in taxes. Check this page often for updates on projects, as well as approved construction managers, costs of projects and other information.