Information about the first day
· There will be a flag ceremony on the east side of the school at 8:50.
· Students will be introduced to their teachers and will be taken to an assembly in the gym.
· Parents will attend a short PTA meeting and will then attend Back to School morning in their children’s classes.
· Each teacher will present two times.
· Students will return to class at 10:00.
· The first day will follow the early out schedule, ending at 1:25 pm.
· Kindergarten students may attend the assembly if accompanied by an adult. Miss Merrill sent more specific information regarding the first week of school for kindergarten students previously.
· Please make sure home lunch containers, jackets, coats, etc. are labeled with your child’s name.
· One challenge we have experienced is keeping working headphones in our computer labs. After replacing headphones numerous times, we are requesting that you send headphones or ear buds with your children to use in the computer lab. They can be any type with standard connection. This solves hygiene concerns about shared headphones and frustration with replacing them again. Headphones will be provided for students who are unable to purchase their own. Thank you for your help as we try to teach students to be responsible for equipment and increase cleanliness in our labs.
Information and instructions for installing Office 2013 are available here.
For more information, you can check the Microsoft In Education blog, which has answers to FAQs about the Microsoft Student Advantage/Office 365 ProPlus program.