District honors top employees
The Davis School District honored its top 10 employees and Rookie of the Year during the annual CARE Awards dinner on Thursday, April 3.
CARE winners are picked by a committee from hundreds of nominations received from school and department staff, parents and students. Each has demonstrated achievement and excellence in their field; achieved superior results through innovation or creativity; and contributed to improving and sustaining quality education.
This year, the Davis Education Foundation also honored the Rookie of the Year, which recognized a first-year teacher for excellence in teaching.
The winners for 2014 are:
Click on the individual winner's name to read more about them and view a video.
- Kathy Bundy, media specialist at Foxboro Elementary;
- Kimberlee Call, AP statistics teacher at Davis High;
- Teresa Davies, 504 specialist at Eagle Bay Elementary;
- Tim Feltner, engineering teacher at Layton High;
- Bryan McNally, head custodian at North Davis Junior High;
- Robert Reisbeck, student advisor and girl's basketball coach at Syracuse High;
- John Robison, district secondary healthy lifestyles supervisor;
- Ashley Saunders, fourth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary;
- Brett Singleton, Information Systems analyst;
- Rich Swanson, Sunset Junior High principal
- Rookie of the Year: Ben Johnson, language arts teacher at Woods Cross High;