Members of the Davis School District Board of Education are searching for a new superintendent of schools, and they want to hear from you.
They will host three upcoming town hall meetings to gain input about the type of person who should head the 87-school, 72,158-student and more than 7,000-employee school district.
The town hall meetings will be held:
• 7-8 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 3, in the Layton High School Little Theatre, 440 Lancer Lane, Layton
• 7-8 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 4, in the Davis High School Choir Room, 325 S. Main St., Kaysville
• 6-7 p.m., Monday, Aug. 8, in the Bountiful High School Choir Room, 695 S. Orchard Drive, Bountiful
The discussion will be led by a staff member of the Utah School Boards Association. The board is seeking answers to the following questions:
• What are the personal characteristics you’d like to see in a superintendent?
• What are the professional characteristics you’d like to see in a superintendent?
• What are the challenges the new superintendent should be aware of?
If you cannot attend the meetings, board members enthusiastically encourage you to give your input by emailing them at email@example.com. Those comments will be taken until Monday, Aug. 8.
The school board expects to complete its intensive search and name a new superintendent by early November.
District offers free summer lunch program
Davis County children under the age of 18 can enjoy a free lunch this summer thanks to a federally funded program and Davis School District Nutrition Services. Adults wishing to purchase lunch can do so for $3.40.
The meals are available from 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday and will continue through Aug. 11 (except July 4, 5 or 25).
The schools serving lunch are:
• Adelaide Elementary, 731 W. 3600 South, Bountiful
• Antelope Elementary, 1810 S. Main St., Clearfield
• Foxboro Elementary, 587 N. Foxboro Drive, North Salt Lake
• Lincoln Elementary, 591 W. Antelope Dr., Layton
• Meadowbrook Elementary, 700 N. 325 West, Bountiful
• Vae View Elementary, 1750 W. 1600 North, Layton
• Wasatch Elementary, 210 E. Center, Clearfield
• Whitesides Elementary, 233 N. Colonial Dr., Layton
• North Davis Junior High, 835 S. State Street, Clearfield
• Sunset Junior High, 1610 N. 250 West, Sunset
The Davis School District will keep parents up to date on school emergencies and school closures due to weather. Information will be posted here as needed.
Parents also may get the most up-to-date information from the district's Twitter and Facebook accounts.